- Jul 08 2020
- 9:30 am - 10:40 am
UPDATE: Barrie CARP Chapter Virtual Meeting
Virtual Meeting with Mayor Jeff Lehman
This webcast with Mayor Lehman can be viewed on carp.ca
There’s a motto shared with apprentice carpenters who are learning the trade of woodwork: “measure twice, cut once.” It’s a valuable lesson to the student, who soon learns that once a piece of wood is cut, it can’t be uncut, and a new, costly, piece of wood is required to get the job done correctly.
The same maxim holds true for electronic newsletters. Once sent, they can’t be unsent.
I want to apologize to the members of the Barrie CARP Chapter for recent invitations that were sent with incorrect information, and to provide you with a “measured twice” update on the date and time of our upcoming meeting with Mayor Jeff Lehman.
Date: Wednesday July 8th, 2020
Time: 9:30 AM
Duration: 1 hour, with added time for questions if necessary
- Welcome from National Office, introduction of CARP Barrie Chapter President, Anthony Quinn (2 mins)
- Update from Gwen Kavanagh, Chapter business and LTC Advocacy roll out, with AQ, (5 mins)
- Gwen introduces our guest of honour, Mayor Jeff Lehman.
- The Mayor is invited to speak for up to 30 minutes and will have capability to share his screen if there are any slides or materials that he wants to share.
- Following the Mayor’s presentation, Gwen and/or CARP Board members will follow up with questions to the Mayor.
- For there we will open the floor to questions from the audience.
- Wrap, thanks and close meeting by 10:40 AM.
- Introduction from Barrie Chapter President, Gwen Kavanagh
- Update from CARP National Office on Long Term Care Improvement Campaign
- Presentation by Mayor Lehman
- Questions from Chapter volunteers
- Questions from audience
If you have already RSVP’d you are not required to do so again. You will be sent a link to join the Zoom conference later today.
If you have yet to RSVP, please do so here, https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/barrie-carp-chapter-virtual-meeting-with-mayor-tickets-111711221270 Once you RSVP, you will be sent a link to join the Zoom virtual meeting, by video or telephone.
As we are not yet able to safely meet in person, we do hope you will take this opportunity to connect with your fellow CARP members and with the Mayor, virtually.
Using the webinar format, the audience can ask questions in writing or can identify themselves as wanting to ask questions by video, or audio, or both, and they will be added to the conversation by the national office.
The event will be recorded and shared with CARP members, and on our website and social media.”
There are many important issues that seniors are facing during this time of crisis; from healthcare to housing, transportation, social isolation and financial security; and we need our political leaders to work on our behalf. Please bring your municipal and loca seniors-related issues and questions for Mayor Lehman.
Please be sure to RSVP so we can send you the log in details. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/barrie-carp-chapter-virtual-meeting-with-mayor-tickets-111711221270
For those of you who may be using Zoom for the first time, this helpful, introductory video should help you feel more confident in joining the event on your home computer.
CARP National Office
Mayor of Barrie, Ontario, Jeff Lehman
|Toll Free Customer Service Number: